When I was a 20 year-old college student, I got a summer intern job at a GM foundry in Saginaw. I was a second shift supervisor. For the three months I was there I had various assignments and was responsible for anywhere between 8 and 16 workers. It was this type of job: Thankful for having the experience, thankful for never having it again.
News Headlines from NPR
- 'We Feel Like Home': Displaced Puerto Ricans Celebrate Traditional Christmas Parranda
- Two Weeks In, Firefighters Battle To Save Homes From Southern California Wildfires
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Rockets To Year's Top Domestic Opening, Disney Says
- Trump Allies Allege Mueller Obtained Trump Transition Emails Unlawfully
- British Embassy Worker Found Dead Near Beirut