Remember nine years ago, when the auto industry was teetering on the brink of disaster? The housing bubble had burst, credit evaporated, and nobody was buying cars. Years of poor decision-making made the American automakers particularly vulnerable, so their execs headed to Washington to seek a bailout.
News Headlines from NPR
- Deadly Violence Spirals In Nairobi Ahead Of Court Ruling On Presidential Win
- Special Report: A Cultural Turning Point On Sexual Harassment?
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe Ousted By Own Party, Refuses To Step Down
- Oversight Groups Have Repeatedly Identified Flaws In Military Crime Reporting
- The Many Forms, Faces And Causes Of PTSD